So, I’m still thinking about iPads and my 1-1 iPad experiment. Here’s how I might summarize it in as few words as possible:
- Are the iPads everything I could ever want? NO
- Is being a 1-1 (of some sort of technology) classroom what I want? YES
- Would I like laptops sometimes? YES
- Has anyone offered to get me laptops? NO
- Do I want to keep those iPads? Absolutely YES
There you have it. I still head to the computer lab or the Mac-based music lab with my class sometimes; we are not totally self-sufficient. But, I can’t imagine going back to just 2 computers in the room. I know a good thing when I have one.